20 March, 2010

Young Americans Flock Overseas to Teach English

Ahhh, how well we remember the joys:

He works at least eight hours daily, then parties by night, often into the wee hours, with other expatriates, most from the U.S. or Canada, but some from Britain, Ireland, South Africa and New Zealand. He goes to a gym daily, swills SoJu, a stiff vodka-like drink, fills up on Korean barbeque and sees "amazing" sights.

"I am not an English major, and people in America would not want me to teach their kids English... what I am good at and enjoy doing is helping kids become successful at something."

He adds: "I came to live out a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I won’t have the opportunity to do again when I have a real job."

Teaching English overseas--not a "real job," but an adventure... .

Labels: , ,






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]